FCPS Student Registration
210 Ferdinand Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
P: 540-940-8380 F: 540-940-8298
- Children who reach their fifth birthday on or before September 30 may enter kindergarten.
Student registration is done by the student’s parent or legal guardian. Only parents listed on the student’s birth certificate or parents by legal adoption are eligible to register a student. If a person other than a parent listed on the student’s birth certificate wants to register for school, court orders denoting custody will be required. Proof of parent identity is required for registration.
When enrolling a student into Fredericksburg City Public Schools, you must provide the following:
- Parent/Legal Guardian Photo ID
- Original Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (Current mortgage/property settlement agreement, lease agreement AND 1 current utility bill) *If your name does not appear on the lease/mortgage agreement of the residence in which you reside, you must provide a verification of residency letter (JEC-R-E) (Attached) from the tenant/owner indicating that you reside with him/her. In addition you must provide proof of the tenant’s/owner’s city residency (mortgage/lease agreement AND a current utility bill.) **DRIVER’S LICENSES CAN NOT BE ACCEPTED**
- Permission to Release Records (can be found under Enrollment Forms)
- Physical w/ immunization records. The physical must be completed within the 12 months prior to starting school. (Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form)
Effective July 1, 2019, a booster dose of Tdap vaccine is required for all children entering the 7th grade.
All registration and health requirements must be met for a child to be admitted.
Click for the Enrollment Criteria
Instructions for Online Registration
Please click to enroll
Enrollment Forms – If you are unable to complete the online registration. Print these forms and complete them. Then fax/email or mail them to FCPS Registrar – 210 Ferdinand Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401.
Withdrawing a student
If you are leaving FCPS and transferring to another Division, please print this form, complete and mail/fax/email to the guidance department at your child’s school.
(FCPS Withdrawal Form)
If you have questions, please contact the registrar at 540-940-8380 or email@example.com.
If you are enrolling students into Head Start, please contact the Head Start Program at 540-372-1065