Building sophisticated educational tools out of cheap parts, Johnny Lee demos his cool Wii Remote hacks, which turn the $40 video game controller into a digital whiteboard, a touchscreen and a head-mounted 3-D viewer.
Wink is a Tutorial and Presentation creation software, primarily aimed at creating tutorials on how to use software (like a tutor for MS-Word/Excel etc). Using Wink you can capture screenshots, add explanations boxes, buttons, titles etc and generate a highly effective tutorial for your users.
With no software to download or install, Dimdim forever democratizes web- based live meetings. In seconds – right from your browser – you easily host or attend web meetings complete with audio and video conferencing, screen and application sharing. After experiencing the freedom and ease of Dimdim Web Meetings, youll wonder why you ever used expensive and difficult alternatives.
Free Web Meeting, Free Web Conferencing, Meetup, Open Source, Net Meeting, eLearning, web conference, Unified Collaboration, Online Meetings, .
Think of Jing as a supplement to all your chat discussions, email threads, forum posts and blog entries. It sits nicely on your desktop, ready to capture and share your stuff at a moment’s notice. Simply select an area of your screen, capture it as an image or record it as a video, and then click Share. Jing conveniently places a URL to your content which you can paste into any of your conversations.
What is iTALC?
iTALC is a use- and powerful didactical tool for teachers. It lets you view and control other computers in your network in several ways. It supports Linux and Windows 2000/XP (Vista support will come) and it even can be used transparently in mixed environments!
In contrast to widely used commercial equivalent software, iTALC is free! This means you do not have to pay for expensive licenses or things like that. Furthermore the source-code is freely available and you’re free in changing the software to fit your needs as long as you respect the terms of iTALC’s license (GPL). Freedom in two ways!
iTALC has been designed for usage in school. Therefore it offers a lot of possibilities to teachers, such as
- see what’s going on in computer-labs by using overview mode and make snapshots
- remote-control computers to support and help other people
- show a demo (either in fullscreen or in a window) – the teacher’s screen is shown on all student’s computers in realtime
- lock workstations for moving undivided attention to teacher
- send text-messages to students
- powering on/off and rebooting computers per remote
- remote logon and logoff and remote execution of arbitrary commands/scripts
- home-schooling – iTALC’s network-technology is not restricted to a subnet and therefore students at home can join lessons via VPN-connections just by installing iTALC client